Welcome to the Rustic Songbird Podcast!
Are you a musician who participates in the church praise and worship team? Do you ever wonder if there's more than just singing the same songs over and over? Have you seen a need for representing multi-ethnic and multi-cultural music in your local church?
In this episode, Lydia Walker interviews Robby Valderrama about the need for diversity in our churches, and specifically how songwriters and musicians can impact the music by serving in the local church.
Robby is the host of the Praise Hands Podcast, and offers resources and advice for forward-thinking Christian leaders at www.thechurchahead.org.
Say hi to Lydia on Instagram! @thelydiawalker
What We Talk About:
- Why churches are the most segregated place on Sunday mornings
- What multi-ethnic and multi-cultural churches are doing well
- How to attract a variety of people with different backgrounds and perspectives in our congregations
- How our church music can be impacted by songwriters and musicians who are serving in their local church
- The systemic issue of church funding to make a difference in church diversity
Stuff You're Going to Want to Check Out:
Here are some resources about church diversity that you may find helpful.
If you enjoy the podcast, please subscribe and leave a review on iTunes!
In the podcasting world, the more subscribers and reviews you have, the more your podcast gets recommended by the system. It's how the internet knows what people are liking, and those things rise to the top of the search results. So it's a huge help to me, and to others who are looking for this type of podcast if you subscribe and leave a review in your favorite podcast player.
Thanks so much for listening!
Rustic Songbird now has a Patreon page where you can support us on a monthly basis.
Click the button below for all the details on becoming a patron.
Become a Patron!